"users" group with TICKET_MODIFY permission.

In my old Trac (1.2.something) the dropdown for ticket assignees was
short, with only those with either TRAC_ADMIN or TICKET_MODIFY rights.

After upgrading to 1.6, it suddenly contains all users that ever used
the system in the last 15 years, including users that are already
deleted.

How can I get the old behaviour back?

TIA!

Re: Problem with Assign-to as Drop-Down List [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 12:09?AM Martin <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in my Trac installation, anonymous and authenticated users do not have
> TICKET_MODIFY permisson. The subset of users, who are potential ticket
> assignees have either TRAC_ADMIN permission or they are in a special
> "users" group with TICKET_MODIFY permission.
>
> In my old Trac (1.2.something) the dropdown for ticket assignees was
> short, with only those with either TRAC_ADMIN or TICKET_MODIFY rights.
>
> After upgrading to 1.6, it suddenly contains all users that ever used
> the system in the last 15 years, including users that are already
> deleted.
>
> How can I get the old behaviour back?

I just checked dropdown for owner field with Trac 1.6 but it seems it
works fine me.
Are you using [ticket] restrict_owner enabled?

Please share trac.ini and output of `trac-admin $ENV permission list`.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Problem with Assign-to as Drop-Down List [ In reply to ]
On 2023-11-17 12:17, Jun Omae wrote:
> Are you using [ticket] restrict_owner enabled?

Yes, but...

> Please share trac.ini and output of `trac-admin $ENV permission list`.

This hint was really helpful, thank you!

While "authenticated" did not have TICKET_MODIFY permission directly,
they had TICKET_BATCH_MODIFY permission, which seems to imply the
former. Which is pretty reasonable.

I removed that permission and now everything works as it should.

Cheers