Mailing List Archive

How is TracWikiPrintPlugin supposed to work in a container?
Dears,

I'm not sure, how I need to configure TracWikiPrintPlugin to work in my
environment.

I have a container with Trac 1.6, which can be accessed on the container
over HTTP (without TLS) on port 8081, i.e. http://localhost:8081/

There is a frontend nginx which does HTTPS on port 443, let's say
https://trac.myserver.example/

I see, that TracWikiPrintPlugin calls wkhtmltopdf with the "public"
domain and port, https://trac.myserver.example/ instead of the
"internal" one, http://localhost:8081/

I can configure the container in way, that it can access the frontend
nginx (at the moment, it can't), but I'm not sure, if it would be better
if wkhtmltopdf would use http://localhost:8081/ — but how would I
configure that in TracWikiPrintPlugin?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Martin

Re: How is TracWikiPrintPlugin supposed to work in a container? [ In reply to ]
Hi Martin,

I don't really know the plugin but as far as my experience with trac goes,
without any tinkering in the code trac will always try to get the system
working with the project url you provide in the config.
So if you cant do some settings for the plugin in the trac.ini or Admin
Pages you will be stuck with the "public" url.

Cheers markus

Re: How is TracWikiPrintPlugin supposed to work in a container? [ In reply to ]
Hi Markus,

On 2023-10-17 21:34, Markus Rosjat wrote:
> I don't really know the plugin but as far as my experience with trac goes, without any tinkering in the code trac will always try to get the system
> working with the project url you provide in the config.
> So if you cant do some settings for the plugin in the trac.ini or Admin Pages you will be stuck with the "public" url.

Thanks, I will use the public URL then.

Cheers