In their session_attribute table, I provisioned "mc'something name=email
value=mc`something@gmail.com and I'm cc'ed on those tickets and I see the
ticket in my email account, but the user is not referenced nor do they
receive an email.

Just wondering how that all works, since it worked in 1.0.1 but doesn't
work in 1.4.3

Thanks.

- Mike -

Re: How does Trac know which email to send tickets to ? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 12:34:01?PM UTC-7 mikel...@gmail.com wrote:

Trac v. 1.4.3
Database: Postgres
Authentication: Active Directory / LDAP

Question: How does trac know or keep track of which email to to send a
ticket to, based on the provisioned usernames ?
I have 1 problem user, with an apostrophe in their email (ie.
Mc'Some...@gmail.com)
In their session_attribute table, I provisioned "mc'something name=email
value=mc`some...@gmail.com and I'm cc'ed on those tickets and I see the
ticket in my email account, but the user is not referenced nor do they
receive an email.

Just wondering how that all works, since it worked in 1.0.1 but doesn't
work in 1.4.3

Thanks.

- Mike -

There are per-user subscription preferences and default subscriptions:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracNotification#SubscriberConfiguration

Logging at debug level will provide more info about the recipients for a
ticket change:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

Re: How does Trac know which email to send tickets to ? [ In reply to ]
Just a note.. there was only 1 user who was having issues.. and this was
after the upgrade. The user was the only one with a single quote in their
email address, so I'm suspecting that the upgrade missed bringing over some
meta data. I ended up adding an entry in the session_attribute table ,
rebooted the server, and now when I created a ticket that particular user
is now being cc'ed.
I didn't make any changes to plugins or trac.ini.. just in case someone
else encounters a similar problem in the future.
Thanks for getting back !

- Mike -