Mailing List Archive

Issue with Post-Receive Hook and PATH Corruption after Upgrading to Trac 1.5.4
I recently upgraded my Trac standalone-installation from version 1.4.3 to
1.5.4 and encountered an unexpected issue with the post-receive hook. I
wanted to share my experience here in case others have come across a
similar situation or have any insights to offer.

After the upgrade, I noticed that the post-receive hook, which was working
seamlessly in version 1.4.3, seems to be causing PATH corruption during the
process of adding, committing, and pushing changes. This corruption
prevents the committed changes from being available in the ticket as
expected.

1. Confirmed the correct version of trac-admin within my active Python
environment (Python 3) before performing the add, commit, and push.
2. Observed that during these steps, my PATH got corrupted, leading to the
malfunction of the post-receive hook.
3. Even manually setting the PATH to the correct one before the push did
not result in an active link in the ticket, indicating that the changeset
was not being integrated as it should be.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance from the
community regarding this issue. If anyone else has encountered a similar
problem after upgrading to Trac 1.5.4 or has any ideas on how to resolve
this, your input would be invaluable.

Additionally, if there have been any updates or changes in Trac 1.5.4
related to post-receive hooks or changeset handling that I might have
missed, I'd be grateful for that information as well.

Jacques