We are now running on Python 3.10 and PostgreSQL 14. Previously it was
Py 3.8 and PostgreSQL 12 which seemed to suit Trac very well over the
last couple of years

I tried pip install trac==1.5.4 but got "No matching distribution..."

Pip can only see 1.4.x and no 1.5.x releases.

How can I get Trac working again?

Many thanks

Mike

Re: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trac' [ In reply to ]
Hi Mike,

Are you using pip in the OS or in a virtualenv? You should use it in a virtualenv to prevent packages from polluting your OS.

Something like this:

$ cd
$ python3 -m venv tracinst
$ source tracinst/bin/activate
(trac)$ pip install --upgrade pip
(trac)$ pip install https:// download.edgewall.org /trac/Trac-latest-dev.tar.gz
(trac)$ pip install babel docutils pygments textile psycopg2-binary

(remove the spaces in the URL)

HTH

/tony

--
Tony Albers - SCSA, SCNA, EMCIE, EMCBA, RHCSA
Transition Manager - FIT/TMS Delivery Team - Signalling Integrations

Re: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trac' [ In reply to ]
Many thanks Tony ...

Mike

On 26/06/2023 4:41 pm, 'Tony Brian Albers (XTOAL)' via Trac Users wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Are you using pip in the OS or in a virtualenv? You should use it in a virtualenv to prevent packages from polluting your OS.
>
> Something like this:
>
> $ cd
> $ python3 -m venv tracinst
> $ source tracinst/bin/activate
> (trac)$ pip install --upgrade pip
> (trac)$ pip install https:// download.edgewall.org /trac/Trac-latest-dev.tar.gz
> (trac)$ pip install babel docutils pygments textile psycopg2-binary
>
> (remove the spaces in the URL)
>
> HTH
>
> /tony
>
> --
> Tony Albers - SCSA, SCNA, EMCIE, EMCBA, RHCSA
> Transition Manager - FIT/TMS Delivery Team - Signalling Integrations
> Banedanmark, Signalling Systems
> Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 43, 1577 Copenhagen V

Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can
automatically decrypt my signature and be sure it came from me. Your
email software can handle signing.

Re: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trac' [ In reply to ]
hey mike,

if you are still looking for 1.5.4 there isn't a pypi package and you need
to go to the subversion repo from edgewall to get the version.

here is the link to 1.5.4
https://svn.edgewall.org/repos/trac/tags/trac-1.5.4/

or just go to trunk for the latest https://svn.edgewall.org/repos/trac/trunk

you need to install subversion for this and then you might try to pip
install it like so

pip install -e svn+https://svn.edgewall.org/repos/trac/tags/trac-1.5.4/

cheers

Markus

Re: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trac' [ In reply to ]
Thank you Markus ... I got it from
https://download.edgewall.org/trac/Trac-latest-dev.tar.gz

Cheers

Mike