Mailing List Archive

Remove content (wiki and tickets)
I would like to go to zero with my now updated trac, i.e. remove any
content (wiki and tickets). Is there an easy way to do? btw, no, I don't
want to setup trac from scratch, because I don't want to go through all
customizing steps of the past years.

Regards
Frank

Re: Remove content (wiki and tickets) [ In reply to ]
Hi Frank,

well setting up a "fresh" trac shouldnt be more like taking a project and
simply assign a fresh DB to it. then Trac should tell you to update the DB
with trac admin and you should be good to go. Beside that you can simply
try to empty tables in the database but i don't know if this is a practical
way of doing things.

Cheers

MArkus

Re: Remove content (wiki and tickets) [ In reply to ]
Hi Frank

You could use the "trac-admin" command to clean up your Trac instance.

For the an overview of the help :
trac-admin path/to/trac help

For the wiki part, you can combine "wiki list" and "wiki remove <page>"
using something like (assuming it's on Linux):
trac-admin path/to/trac wiki list | cut -d ' ' -f1 | while read wikipage;
do trac-admin path/to/trac wiki remove $wikipage; done

This will also remove Trac integrated help pages. You should be able to
reinstall them with:
trac-admin path/to/trac wiki upgrade

For the tickets it seems there isn't any command to list them. As they are
identified by numbers, you can just check the highest number and generate a
list:
seq HIGHESTNUMBER | while read ticketnum; do trac-admin path/to/trac ticket
remove $ticketnum; done

If some tickets have already been removed, you will probably have error
messages.

As usual, before starting these destructive actions, please make a backup
of your database and Trac instance !

Best regards

Mickaël Bucas

Re: Remove content (wiki and tickets) [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your suggestions!

Meanwhile I prefer to add a new project, but haven't done it before (and it
was back in 2014 when I installed Trac for the first and only time).

I now was successful to set up a new project/env, but I can't recall
anything regarding autentification... my old project has a htdigest file,
and uses the account manager plugin. I made a (modified) copy of that old
htdigest file to the new env folder and launched tracd via "tracd
--daemonize --port 8081 --auth="proj path,htdigest path,realm,proj path",
but trying to log in I get "no authentification data". What did I miss?
BTW, how to set up acct manager in a new env? And: tracd for my old project
runs without "--auth".

Best
Frank