Mailing List Archive

Help with TracQuery
I need help figuring out why my TracQuery is failing with the following error:
Trac detected an internal error:
OperationalError: ambiguous column name: id

This is only occurring when I use a custom field in the query.
I have two custom fields:
* referring_to
o No problem using this field in TracQuery
* Hostname
o Problem using this field in TracQuery

These are my steps:
1. Click on New Custom Query
2. Select filters
3. Select columns
a. E.g. Summary, Status, Component, Created, Hostname, Referring to
4. Click on Update
5. The report displays with all the data selected, including the column for Hostname
6. Click on Save query
a. This is when I get the error reported and I am not able to save query
b. If I remove col=hostname, I can save successfully

This is the query that is created when I click on Save query:

query:?owner=pcottrill
&
col=id
&
col=summary
&
col=status
&
col=component
&
col=time
&
col=hostname
&
col=referring_to
&
order=priority

Below is the environment:
* Trac 1.2.3
* Genshi 0.7 (with speedups)
* mod_python 3.3.1
* Pygments 2.1
* pysqlite 2.7.0
* Python 2.7.12
* setuptools 20.7.0
* SQLite 3.11.0
* jQuery 1.11.3
* jQuery UI 1.11.4
* jQuery Timepicker 1.5.5
* Apache2 2.4.18

I am able to successfully create SQL queries using both custom fields with the LEFT JOIN statement, but I should also be able to use TracQuery.
Can you please help me figure out why this particular custom field is causing this error with TracQuery.
Again, the query itself works, but I am not able to save it for later use, so I have to create a new one every time.

Best,
Patty Cottrill

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments from IMCI Technologies are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving. ***

Re: Help with TracQuery [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 9:34?AM Patty Cottrill <pcottrill@imci.net> wrote:

> I need help figuring out why my TracQuery is failing with the following error:
> Trac detected an internal error:
> OperationalError: ambiguous column name: id
>
> This is only occurring when I use a custom field in the query.
> I have two custom fields:
>
> referring_to
>
> No problem using this field in TracQuery
>
> Hostname
>
> Problem using this field in TracQuery
>

> These are my steps:
>
> Click on New Custom Query
> Select filters
> Select columns
>
> E.g. Summary, Status, Component, Created, Hostname, Referring to
>
> Click on Update
> The report displays with all the data selected, including the column for Hostname
> Click on Save query
>
> This is when I get the error reported and I am not able to save query
> If I remove col=hostname, I can save successfully
>

> This is the query that is created when I click on Save query:
>
> query:?owner=pcottrill
> &
> col=id
> &
> col=summary
> &
> col=status
> &
> col=component
> &
> col=time
> &
> col=hostname
> &
> col=referring_to
> &
> order=priority
>
> Below is the environment:
>
> Trac 1.2.3
> Genshi 0.7 (with speedups)
> mod_python 3.3.1
> Pygments 2.1
> pysqlite 2.7.0
> Python 2.7.12
> setuptools 20.7.0
> SQLite 3.11.0
> jQuery 1.11.3
> jQuery UI 1.11.4
> jQuery Timepicker 1.5.5
> Apache2 2.4.18
>

> I am able to successfully create SQL queries using both custom fields with the LEFT JOIN statement, but I should also be able to use TracQuery.
> Can you please help me figure out why this particular custom field is causing this error with TracQuery.
> Again, the query itself works, but I am not able to save it for later use, so I have to create a new one every time.
>

> Best,
> Patty Cottrill

That has been fixed in Trac 1.2.4 [1].
Please upgrade to Trac 1.2.6 (at least 1.2.4).

[1] https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13068

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

RE: Help with TracQuery [ In reply to ]
Thank you.
I was afraid you were going to tell me that.

I was hoping for a workaround in the current version.

Best,
Patty Cottrill

*** CAUTION: This email originated outside of IMCI Technologies. Do NOT respond, take any action, click on any links or open any attachments unless you recognize the sender and trust the content is safe. ***