One can say that TRAC is rounding down. But one week ago for the same
milestone it was showing 31/38 as 82%.

Please compare the two attached figures.

I do not want to be too picky. But it is confusing me.
Is it justified to file a bug report?

Clemens

P.S.
Running TRAC 1.4.2.

Re: rounding of milestone percentage [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 3:39:33?AM UTC-7 Clemens Feige wrote:

Hello

I have a tiny issue that just appeared to be.

In my TRAC milestone the percent value is confusingly calculated.
I have 31 closed tickets out of 38. This yields 81.579...% or rounded
82%. But TRAC shows 81%.

One can say that TRAC is rounding down. But one week ago for the same
milestone it was showing 31/38 as 82%.

Please compare the two attached figures.

I do not want to be too picky. But it is confusing me.
Is it justified to file a bug report?

Clemens

P.S.
Running TRAC 1.4.2.

In a default Trac install I believe the progress is calculated by
TicketGroupStats which implements ITicketGroupStatsProvider.
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/ticket/roadmap.py#L60

Is it possible your environment changed, such as installing a new plugin?

Re: Re: rounding of milestone percentage [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 12:41?PM Peter Suter <petsuter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2023 20:42, RjOllos wrote:
>

> On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 3:39:33?AM UTC-7 Clemens Feige wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I have a tiny issue that just appeared to be.
>
> In my TRAC milestone the percent value is confusingly calculated.
> I have 31 closed tickets out of 38. This yields 81.579...% or rounded
> 82%. But TRAC shows 81%.
>
> One can say that TRAC is rounding down. But one week ago for the same
> milestone it was showing 31/38 as 82%.
>
> Please compare the two attached figures.
>
> I do not want to be too picky. But it is confusing me.
> Is it justified to file a bug report?
>
> Clemens
>
> P.S.
> Running TRAC 1.4.2.
>

> In a default Trac install I believe the progress is calculated by
> TicketGroupStats which implements ITicketGroupStatsProvider.
>
> https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/ticket/roadmap.py#L60
>
> Is it possible your environment changed, such as installing a new plugin?
>
> My guess would be it's due to the "fudge_amt", which ensures the parts add
> up to 100%.
>
> 31/38 = 81.579...% = 82%
> 5/38 = 13.157...% = 13%
> 3/38 = 7.894...% = 8%
> 2/38 = 5.263...% = 5%
> 1/38 = 2.631...% = 3%
>
> 31+3+3+1 = 82%+8%+8%+3% = 101% (-> minus 1% fudge changes first group from
> 82% to 81%)
> 31+2+5+0 = 82%+5%+13%+0% = 100% (no fudge required)
>
> Cheers.

Oh yeah, that looks familiar. I think we have discussed this issue before
and I thought there was an open ticket for the issue but I can't seem to
find it.

Re: Re: rounding of milestone percentage [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 1:03?PM Peter Suter <petsuter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2023 21:50, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>

> On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 12:41?PM Peter Suter <petsuter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Apr 2023 20:42, RjOllos wrote:
>>

>> On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 3:39:33?AM UTC-7 Clemens Feige wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have a tiny issue that just appeared to be.
>>
>> In my TRAC milestone the percent value is confusingly calculated.
>> I have 31 closed tickets out of 38. This yields 81.579...% or rounded
>> 82%. But TRAC shows 81%.
>>
>> One can say that TRAC is rounding down. But one week ago for the same
>> milestone it was showing 31/38 as 82%.
>>
>> Please compare the two attached figures.
>>
>> I do not want to be too picky. But it is confusing me.
>> Is it justified to file a bug report?
>>
>> Clemens
>>
>> P.S.
>> Running TRAC 1.4.2.
>>

>> In a default Trac install I believe the progress is calculated by
>> TicketGroupStats which implements ITicketGroupStatsProvider.
>>
>> https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/ticket/roadmap.py#L60
>>
>> Is it possible your environment changed, such as installing a new plugin?
>>
>> My guess would be it's due to the "fudge_amt", which ensures the parts
>> add up to 100%.
>>
>> 31/38 = 81.579...% = 82%
>> 5/38 = 13.157...% = 13%
>> 3/38 = 7.894...% = 8%
>> 2/38 = 5.263...% = 5%
>> 1/38 = 2.631...% = 3%
>>
>> 31+3+3+1 = 82%+8%+8%+3% = 101% (-> minus 1% fudge changes first group
>> from 82% to 81%)
>> 31+2+5+0 = 82%+5%+13%+0% = 100% (no fudge required)
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Oh yeah, that looks familiar. I think we have discussed this issue before
> and I thought there was an open ticket for the issue but I can't seem to
> find it.
>
> Maybe this one: https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/12123 (searching "fudge"
> helped :)

That's it, thanks!

Re: Re: rounding of milestone percentage [ In reply to ]
Ryan Ollos wrote on 06.04.2023 at 23:44:

> On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 1:03?PM Peter Suter <petsuter@gmail.com
> <mailto:petsuter@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On 6 Apr 2023 21:50, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 12:41?PM Peter Suter <petsuter@gmail.com
>> <mailto:petsuter@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On 6 Apr 2023 20:42, RjOllos wrote:
>>>

>>> On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 3:39:33?AM UTC-7 Clemens Feige
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have a tiny issue that just appeared to be.
>>>
>>> In my TRAC milestone the percent value is confusingly
>>> calculated.
>>> I have 31 closed tickets out of 38. This yields
>>> 81.579...% or rounded
>>> 82%. But TRAC shows 81%.
>>>
>>> One can say that TRAC is rounding down. But one week ago
>>> for the same
>>> milestone it was showing 31/38 as 82%.
>>>
>>> Please compare the two attached figures.
>>>
>>> I do not want to be too picky. But it is confusing me.
>>> Is it justified to file a bug report?
>>>
>>> Clemens
>>>
>>> P.S.
>>> Running TRAC 1.4.2.
>>>

>>> In a default Trac install I believe the progress is
>>> calculated by TicketGroupStats which implements
>>> ITicketGroupStatsProvider.
>>> https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/ticket/roadmap.py#L60 <https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/ticket/roadmap.py#L60>
>>>
>>> Is it possible your environment changed, such as installing a
>>> new plugin?
>>
>> My guess would be it's due to the "fudge_amt", which ensures
>> the parts add up to 100%.
>>
>> 31/38 = 81.579...% = 82%
>> 5/38 = 13.157...% = 13%
>> 3/38 = 7.894...% = 8%
>> 2/38 = 5.263...% = 5%
>> 1/38 = 2.631...% = 3%
>>
>> 31+3+3+1 = 82%+8%+8%+3% = 101% (-> minus 1% fudge changes
>> first group from 82% to 81%)
>> 31+2+5+0 = 82%+5%+13%+0% = 100% (no fudge required)
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> Oh yeah, that looks familiar. I think we have discussed this issue
>> before and I thought there was an open ticket for the issue but I
>> can't seem to find it.
>
> Maybe this one: https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/12123
> <https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/12123> (searching "fudge" helped :)
>

> That's it, thanks!

As far as I understand the discussion, there seems to be a small
problem, indeed.

I can confirm that I did not change my TRAC configuration or installed
any plugins in between the 81% vs. 82% state.