How to change ticket preview delay
If I edit a ticket, the preview is automatically updated with my edits.
The update delay seems to be 2s.

I can change the wiki preview delay by setting option auto_preview_timeout
in trac.ini and that works fine, but this doesn't affect the ticket preview
delay (I tried setting it to 8s to no avail).

Is it possible to change the ticket preview delay or is it a hard-coded
value?

Re: How to change ticket preview delay [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 10:22 PM Geert Linders <geert.linders1@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I edit a ticket, the preview is automatically updated with my edits.
> The update delay seems to be 2s.
>
> I can change the wiki preview delay by setting option auto_preview_timeout
> in trac.ini and that works fine, but this doesn't affect the ticket preview
> delay (I tried setting it to 8s to no avail).
>
> Is it possible to change the ticket preview delay or is it a hard-coded
> value?

The [trac] auto_preview_timeout setting applies to the ticket realm as well
as the wiki and other realms.
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#trac-auto_preview_timeout-option

If it's not working, you may have a plugin conflict. I'd start by checking
the console for errors:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheBrowserConsole

Ryan

Re: How to change ticket preview delay [ In reply to ]
It worked after resetting the trac server. Both the wiki preview time-out
and the ticket preview time-out are now at 8s.

As a test, I reset the auto_preview_timeout setting to 2s and didn't
restart the server (I'm using tracd).
The wiki preview time-out picked up the change immediately, but the ticket
preview time-out didn't; it stayed at 8s.

It seems that the auto-reload of the configuration is not applied to the
ticket preview time-out.

But then, I discovered what I did: I kept trying the same ticket without
refreshing the browser. As soon as I refreshed the browser or tried a
different ticket, the ticket preview time-out was updated to the current
value. The same happens when editing a wiki page. I had to cancel the edit
or re-load the page before the new time-out was picked up.

So it was a user error after all ;-)