Mailing List Archive

upgrade from 0.7 to 0.7.1
Hi,

I recently upgraded Trac from 0.7 to 0.7.1 so I wanted to copy the
updated wiki pages provided with 0.7.1 into my Trace database, but I
cannot make it work - heres what I tried :

[root@flik wiki-default]# trac-admin /usr/local/trac/cstb

Welcome to trac-admin 0.7.1

Interactive Trac adminstration console.

Copyright (c) 2004 Edgewall Software

Type: '?' or 'help' for help on commands.

Trac [/usr/local/trac/cstb]> wiki load /usr/share/trac/wiki-default

wiki list -- List wiki pages

wiki export <page> [file] -- Export wiki page to file or stdout

wiki import <page> [file] -- Import wiki page from file or stdin

wiki dump <directory> -- Export all wiki pages to files named by
title

wiki load <directory> -- Import all wiki pages from directory

As you can see above the wiki load command displays help. I then check
the files using wiki list and no changes have been made.

Trac [/usr/local/trac/cstb]> wiki import WikiStart
/usr/share/trac/wiki-default/WikiStart

wiki list -- List wiki pages

wiki export <page> [file] -- Export wiki page to file or stdout

wiki import <page> [file] -- Import wiki page from file or stdin

wiki dump <directory> -- Export all wiki pages to files named by
title

wiki load <directory> -- Import all wiki pages from directory

Trac [/usr/local/trac/cstb]>

As you can see above the wiki import is not working either.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks, Tim.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
upgrade from 0.7 to 0.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Tim,

Am 12.06.2004 um 14:34 schrieb Tim Alsop:
> I recently upgraded Trac from 0.7 to 0.7.1 so I wanted to copy the=20
> updated wiki pages provided with 0.7.1 into my Trace database, but I=20=

> cannot make it work =96 heres what I tried :

trac-admin has a "wiki upgrade" command that is (AFAICT exclusively)=20
documented in the UPGRADE file in the distribution.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=3D/ cmlenz at gmx.de
upgrade from 0.7 to 0.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Thankyou.

I was looking in the online help for trac-admin and there is no mention
of a wiki upgrade command. Surely there should be ?

Anyway, I did the wiki upgrade and some of the pages were left along
because of no changes and others were added. I noticed that WikiStart
was not changed or attempted to be changed ? What is it that determines
which pages are upgraded ? How do I upgrade WikiStart page if the
import/export or dump/load method is not working ?

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

upgrade from 0.7 to 0.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Chris,

I tried this and got same result - see below :

[root@flik trac-0.7.1]# trac-admin /usr/local/trac/cstb wiki import
WikiStart < /usr/share/trac/wiki-default/WikiStart

wiki list -- List wiki pages

wiki export <page> [file] -- Export wiki page to file or stdout

wiki import <page> [file] -- Import wiki page from file or stdin

wiki dump <directory> -- Export all wiki pages to files named by
title
wiki load <directory> -- Import all wiki pages from directory

[root@flik trac-0.7.1]#

Where do I look to see the error message ?

Regards, Tim.

Am 12.06.2004 um 14:49 schrieb Tim Alsop:
> I was looking in the online help for trac-admin and there is no
mention
> of a wiki upgrade command. Surely there should be ?

Yes. I've added it now.

> Anyway, I did the wiki upgrade and some of the pages were left along
> because of no changes and others were added. I noticed that WikiStart
> was not changed or attempted to be changed ? What is it that
determines
> which pages are upgraded ? How do I upgrade WikiStart page if the
> import/export or dump/load method is not working ?

WikiStart is not overwritten because the assumption is that you will
want to maintain your own WikiStart page per project. An assumption
which I think makes a lot of sense :-)

I don't know why "wiki import" isn't working for you. You might want to
try invoking it directly from the command line like this:

trac-admin /usr/local/trac/cstb wiki import WikiStart <

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

upgrade from 0.7 to 0.7.1 [ In reply to ]

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de