Mailing List Archive

Error with attachments on 0.7.1 using mod_python
Hi,

I am getting an error message whenever I click the attach file button (on Wikis and tickets): "Attachment not found ".

The log message (level ERROR) is:

2004-06-09 11:36:57,194 Trac[core] ERROR: Attachment not found
2004-06-09 11:36:57,194 Trac[core] ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\trac\ModPythonHandler.py", line 174, in handler
core.dispatch_request(mpr.path_info, args, mpr, env)
File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\trac\core.py", line 380, in dispatch_request
module.run()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\trac\Module.py", line 41, in run
self.render()
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\trac\File.py", line 128, in render
raise util.TracError('Attachment not found')
TracError: Attachment not found

My setup is:

W2K server, Apache 2.0.48, Python 2.3.4, mod_python 3.1.3, 0.7.1 installed first with the Win32 installer, then (because it wasn't working) from the ZIP.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or should I file a bug report?

Thanks,

Ian.
Error with attachments on 0.7.1 using mod_python [ In reply to ]
Hi Ian,

Am 09.06.2004 um 12:43 schrieb Ian Leader:
> I am getting an error message whenever I click the attach file button
> (on Wikis and tickets): "Attachment not found ".

This is a known problem with the mod_python front-end in 0.7.1, which
has been fixed since:

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/changeset/729

Your options are to either switch to using the classic CGI front-end,
or install Trac from the 0.7 stable branch:

http://svn.edgewall.com/repos/trac/branches/0.7-stable/

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Error with attachments on 0.7.1 using mod_python [ In reply to ]
Thanks Chris, and apologies for not searching hard enough before posting!

Am I correct in thinking that 0.7-stable contains contains all the functionality and bug-fixes already in 0.7.1?

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

Error with attachments on 0.7.1 using mod_python [ In reply to ]
Am 09.06.2004 um 12:59 schrieb Ian Leader:
> Thanks Chris, and apologies for not searching hard enough before
> posting!

No problem.

> Am I correct in thinking that 0.7-stable contains contains all the
> functionality and bug-fixes already in 0.7.1?

Yes :-)

BTW, you can also just get the patch from

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/changeset/729?format=diff

and apply it separately to your existing installation, if that's easier.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Error with attachments on 0.7.1 using mod_python [ In reply to ]
The patch alone didn't seem to do the trick, but I installed 0.7-stable revision 744, and no longer get the 'attachment not found' error message. However the 'add attachment' screen still isn't working properly - when you click on add attachment the screen is refreshed and the fields go blank but nothing is attached. No error messages in the log.

When I switch to CGI, attachments work fine. I've searched the tickets more carefully this time and can't see anything similar, so I'll add one unless anyone has suggestions.

Thanks,

Ian.

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de