cd /usr/ports/devel/trac
make install

cd /home/me
mkdir home/{svn,htdocs}
svnadmin create /home/me/trac/svn
ls /home/me/trac/svn
README.txt dav format locks
conf db hooks
trac-admin /home/me/trac/htdocs initdb ##initenv was unrecognized
trac-admin /home/reed/trac/htdocs initdb
Creating a new Trac project database at /home/reed/trac/htdocs

Trac will first ask a few questions about your environment
in order to initalize and prepare the project database.

Please enter the name of your project.
This name will be used in page titles and descriptions.

Project Name [My Project]> roweb

Please specify the absolute path to the project Subversion repository.
Repository must be local, and trac-admin requires read+write
permission to initialize the Trac database.

Path to repository [/var/svn/test]> /home/reed/trac/svn

Please enter location of Trac page templates.
Default is the location of the site-wide templatesinstalled with Trac.

Templates directory [/usr/local/share/trac/templates]>
Creating and Initializing Project
Creating tables

########The following line i don't get I chmod 777ed everything
######## I am running threads on FBSD with Python. I will try without
######## So the htdocs dir is empty. I set up Apache2 and go to URL
######## but (of course no config and error -- posted at bottom

Failed to initialize database. attempt to write a readonly database

Project database for 'roweb' created.

Customize settings for your project using the command:

trac-admin /home/reed/trac/htdocs

Don't forget, you also need to copy (or symlink) "trac/cgi-bin/trac.cgi"
to you web server's /cgi-bin/ directory, and then configure the server.

If you're using Apache, this config example snippet might be helpful:

Alias /trac/ "/wherever/you/installed/trac/htdocs/"
<Location "/cgi-bin/trac.cgi">
SetEnv TRAC_DB "/home/reed/trac/htdocs"
</Location>

# You need something like this to authenticate users
<Location "/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/login">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "roweb"
AuthUserFile /somewhere/trac.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</Location>

The latest documentation can also always be found on the project website:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

Congratulations!

Then I test the URL (I know it won't work)
here is error:
Oops...

Trac detected an internal error:

no such table: config

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 254, in
main
real_main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 132, in
real_main
config = database.load_config()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/db.py", line 49, in
load_config
cursor.execute('SELECT section, name, value FROM config')
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/main.py", line 244,
in execute
self.rs = self.con.db.execute(SQL)
DatabaseError: no such table: config

help???
FreeBSD and errors [ In reply to ]
I recompiled python without threads and recieved the same error as well as
some others.

FreeBSD and errors [ In reply to ]
Perfect that worked. Now I assume I am to use apache auth to control
authentication and that user is passed to trac for permissions, no?

I looked in the docs but didn't see anything clarifying.
Thanks for your time Dan

reed

4.6692016090

FreeBSD and errors [ In reply to ]
reed@intersiege.com <reed@intersiege.com> [2004-05-26/15:56]:
> > trac 0.6.1
[...]
> > trac-admin /home/me/trac/htdocs initdb ##initenv was unrecognized
[...]
> > Failed to initialize database. attempt to write a readonly database

With trac-0.6.1, you need to give trac-admin a db file as argument, not
an empty directory. Eg.:-

trac-admin /home/me/trac/htdocs/trac.db initdb

Same goes for the environemnt var, it has to point to the .db file, not
a directory.

With trac-0.7, the single database file was transformed into a directory
containing a trac environment, so the initenv syntax is for 0.7+ only.

Obviously, trac-admin is not very clear on the fact that the db
initialization has failed completely...

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>
GnuPG key ID 0x804A06B1 (DSA/ElGamal)
> Perfect that worked. Now I assume I am to use apache auth to control
> authentication and that user is passed to trac for permissions, no?

Exactly. For config details see TracInstall / TracPermissions.

Cheers,
Dan