i click on the revision it is a very unpleasant experience. Can there be
some kind of threshold where by if more then X number of 'adds' are in a
revision it'll take an extra click/link to see them, so you only see the
modifieds and everything else?

Or something?

--Stephen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Branching and viewing revisions... [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 03:07 pm, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> Hello all :)

Hi Stephen :)

> So, I did a branch lately using the latest, beautiful 0.7, and ran
> into a bit of a problem. The branch is large-- many, many files-- and if
> i click on the revision it is a very unpleasant experience.

Hehe, "a very unpleasant experience"... odour included. :-P

> Can there be some kind of threshold where by if more then X number of 'adds'
> are in a revision it'll take an extra click/link to see them, so you only
> see the modifieds and everything else?

Adding 'paging' throughout Trac (not just for the Log viewer) is actually
planned for 0.8.

Christi Balan added this ticket, describing the issue:

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/426

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting
Branching and viewing revisions... [ In reply to ]
> On Wednesday 19 May 2004 03:07 pm, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> > Hello all :)
>
> Hi Stephen :)
>
> > So, I did a branch lately using the latest, beautiful
> 0.7, and ran
> > into a bit of a problem. The branch is large-- many, many
> files-- and
> > if i click on the revision it is a very unpleasant experience.
>
> Hehe, "a very unpleasant experience"... odour included. :-P

It actually ended up crashing IE! That's not saying a lot, my
work computer is fairly pitiful. :)

> > Can there be some kind of threshold where by if more then X
> number of 'adds'
> > are in a revision it'll take an extra click/link to see
> them, so you
> > only see the modifieds and everything else?
>
> Adding 'paging' throughout Trac (not just for the Log viewer)
> is actually planned for 0.8.

Hmn. Can you give me some details about just what sort of
'paging' is planned? Will its threshold be configurable? Except for in
the most extreme of cases-- and never in a wiki page-- I'd actually not
want it to page at all. This is just one of those extreme cases that bit
me.

--Stephen