Mailing List Archive

Search & Replace / Batch Modification Functionality?
Hello all.

I believe what I'm looking for is Search & Replace (or Batch
Modification) functionality. Is this currently possible in Trac?

Just in case there's a different name for what I want to do, let me give
an example scenario.

I'm going to have milestone titled "Next Mainstream Loadbuild". Thus,
when a designer closes an issue in the main stream / trunk, they don't
need to know the number of the next loadbuild, they simply use the "Next
Mainstream Loadbuild". Then, upon the next successful loadbuild, the
loadbuild guy can do a batch modification, changing all issues that are
closed and have a milestone of "Next Mainstream Loadbuild" to the actual
build number.

Another scenario: management has decided that all unresolved issues that
were targeted to be addressed in load x are now to be targeted for load
y. A batch modification would make this job a single task, as opposed to
n tasks.

Is it currently possible to do this in Trac?

Thanks

--
Jay Glanville
Search & Replace / Batch Modification Functionality? [ In reply to ]
Hello again.

I asked this question in the past and didn't get a response, so I
thought I'd ask the question again. Is there any batch modification
functionality a la bugzilla?

JDG

--
Jay Glanville
Search & Replace / Batch Modification Functionality? [ In reply to ]
Done. #525.

--
Jay Glanville

Search & Replace / Batch Modification Functionality? [ In reply to ]
Hi Jay,

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de