Mailing List Archive

Parenting tickets?
I've only recently come across Trac, but on first impressions it looks very
useful!

I can see how to tailor Trac to do much of what I want, but I don't see how I
can link tickets together in a parent-child relationship.

We usually have several pieces of work happening concurrently (we call them
projects, but they are smaller than the "project" notion in Trac) that cross
multiple components. So I would have an initial "project" ticket that then
has multiple child tickets created against individual components and team
members. For reporting, I'd want to be report on all the child tickets
associated with the parent. I could note all the child tickets as comments
on the original, but that's not easy for reporting.

One way to do this would be to add a "parent" field to the ticket schema, then
the sql query for reporting on the whole project should be fairly simple.

Is there anything like that available? Or other suggestions for accomplishing
a similar report?

One more thing: how can I edit an existing ticket? I don't see options for
doing that even with TRAC_ADMIN perms.

Keep up the great work!

thanks
Aidan