Mailing List Archive

questions...
hi...

i'm looking to create an app that requires registered users to be able to
add/run perl scripts. i'd like to be able to allow the user to select the
script that he's going to create from a list.

i'd then like to be able to "track" the user/script in that i'd like to
allow the user to add the script to the app when he's completed it. a test
person will then test the script to see if it works. if it works, the script
can then be loaded into a production environment to be run via some sort of
schedule application/process...

there will also need to be some sort of admin function to authorize/enable
users/scripts/etc...

in reviewing the trac app, it appears that a good portion of what i'm
looking for is already there, in that users can be assigned tasks, and can
add information regarding the task. if i allowed tasks, to be scripts, then
it might be possible to make some mods, and to create what i'm looking
for...

my question (since i haven't downloaded the code...) how easy/difficult
would it be to add some of the functionality that i described to the
trac app, or would it probably be better to just do it from scratch....

thanks

bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net
questions... [ In reply to ]
bruce wrote:

> my question (since i haven't downloaded the code...) how easy/difficult
> would it be to add some of the functionality that i described to the
> trac app, or would it probably be better to just do it from scratch....

Hi Bruce,

I think the best way to implement this would be to look at the Attachment
code in the development code (soon-to-be 0.7) and go from there. It shouldn't
be too tricky to do what you want.

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting