Mailing List Archive

Trac 0.8.2 Released
Trac 0.8.2 Release Notes
========================
Jun 2, 2005

We're proud to present our latest release - Trac 0.8.2.

Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system, integrated with
Subversion, for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic
approach to web-based software project management. Our mission is
simple: to help developers write great software while staying out of the
way. Trac should impose as little as possible on a team's established
development process and policies.

Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit messages,
creating links and useful structure between bugs, tasks, changesets,
files and wiki pages. A timeline view presents all project events in
chronological order, making tracking progress or getting an overview of
a project easy.

For more information, please visit the main Trac web site:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/>

The software, published under the GNU General Public License, is
available at:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/download/>

Please report problems and provide feedback in the project issue
tracker. For
questions, comments and user discussions, please use the Trac mailing
list.
List information, subscription and archive available at:

What's New
----------
A brief summary of major changes for this release:

* Compatibility with Subversion >= 1.2 fixed.
* Compatibility with Docutils >= 0.3.7 fixed.
* Bug fixes.

For a more complete list of improvements, see the ChangeLog at:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/ChangeLog>

About Edgewall
--------------
Edgewall is a highly experienced team of software developers
specializing in emerging internet and web technologies.

We build professional, innovative and creative solutions for the web
based on open source components, operating systems and frameworks.

Specific areas of expertise include:

* Python development, including Python extensions and integration.
* Web services and application development.
* C and C++ application development for UNIX and Linux.
* Cross-platform application development and porting.
* Open Source development practices, methods and tools.

Edgewall also offers professional Trac support and consulting, including
customization, integration and custom feature development.

For more information, visit our web site at <http://www.edgewall.com/>
or email us at <mailto:info@edgewall.com>.

Acknowledgements
----------------
Many thanks to the growing number of people who have, and continue to,
support the project. Also our thanks to all people providing feedback
and bug reports that helps us make Trac better, easier to use and more
effective.

Without your invaluable help, Trac would not evolve. Thank you all.

Finally, we offer hope that Trac will prove itself useful to like-minded
programmers around the world, and that this release will prove an
improvement over the last version.

Please let us know. :-)

/The Trac Team <http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/>

--