Thanks
Regards
Chema
cd_boot with 3-4 floppys [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Chema <jmolles@airtel.net> schrieb am 30.01.02:
> I want to make a cd bootable whit 3-4 floppys (to install msdos for ex.)
> My fisrt disk boots fine but when it wants the next disk check to a: not
> to cdrom /isolinux dir and not to cdrom root... :-(
> How do I do wrong?

Perhaps you should explain more in detail what you want to do.

Are you using syslinux and 'El Torito' Disk images on some bootable
CD, or is it isolinux? What are you booting? Dos?

Regards,

Josef

cd_boot with 3-4 floppys [ In reply to ]
Hi:
I use isolinux.
I like to create a cd that boot in MS-DOS and install MSDOS (if you
remember to install DOS you need 3 or 4 floppyes)
I have on "CDROM"/isolinux the image of first floppy and the rest of
files (the others floppys) I write on the same directory (doesn't work)
and another time on "CDROM" root (doesn't work neither).
Any idea?
Thanks
Chema

cd_boot with 3-4 floppys [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Chema <jmolles@airtel.net> schrieb am 30.01.02:
> I use isolinux.
> I like to create a cd that boot in MS-DOS and install MSDOS (if you
> remember to install DOS you need 3 or 4 floppyes)
> I have on "CDROM"/isolinux the image of first floppy and the rest of
> files (the others floppys) I write on the same directory (doesn't work)
> and another time on "CDROM" root (doesn't work neither).
> Any idea?

Perhaps you shouldn't try to get the original installation get to
work, but write some batch file that does this. You need something
for partitioning the hard disk (there are plenty of bootmanagers
etc. around, e.g. XFDISK), then copy everything from some directory
to c:\dos, create c:\config.sys and c:\autoexec.bat, and write
the bootsector (usually 'sys c:'). The original installation does
nothing else.

I think the MS-Dos installation routine expects the media on 'a:',
so the first disk works, but the other disks don't work. Perhaps
there's something in an .inf-file where you can set this drive
letter or the directory it expects.

Regards,

Josef

Die schönsten Ski-Regionen der Alpen - jetzt bei Ferienklick.de
http://ferienklick.de/ski/?PP=2-5-100-105-38