Mailing List Archive

Using different NFS server
Hi to all,

I'm trying to install PXE boot + NFS for diskless boot for Linux system. So
everything looks fine until I tried to use other NFS server to mount root
file system.

So I try just to change parameter in pxelinux.cfg files

Append nfsroot=to_new_nfs_server:/new_root_dir

But in boot process I received rootserver: TFTP/DHCP server rootpath:
<empty>

Filename: right
one : and so on :.

So I read documentation for dhcpd3 server and set option to the client

Root-path: to_new_nfs_server:/new_root_dir

And reboot the node again

New result was:

rootserver: TFTP/DHCP server rootpath: to_new_nfs_server:/new_root_dir

Filename: right
one : and so on :.

So root server still remain unchangeable

I tried to recreate with mkinitramfs again initrd.img with options NFSROOT =
to_new_nfs_server:/new_root_dir

But to result is still the same

Systems for server and for node are Debian Etch

So anybody know how to mount nfsroot from other nfs server ?

Thanks in advance

Georgi