Mailing List Archive

PXELinux Freezing
PXELinux is freezing on one of my machines with a Broadcom 57xx chip.

The machine is identical to 60 or 70 others we have in service here.

After the machine starts and does the dhcp netboot thing, pxelinux
requests a succession of non-existant files (mac addresses) from the
tftp server, after requesting the first one, the machine simply hangs
there as if waiting for something.

This is working on other machines (same config) and on Virtual Machines
without problems.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Authenticlick, Inc.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard | Penthouse One
Los Angeles, California 90036
Tel: 323.330.0404 x202 | Fax: 323.330.0755
email: jalifrangis@authenticlick.net
<mailto:jalifrangis@authenticlick.net>

Jacob Alifrangis

Director of Operations
Re: PXELinux Freezing [ In reply to ]
Jacob Alifrangis wrote:

> The machine is identical to 60 or 70 others we have in service here.
>
> After the machine starts and does the dhcp netboot thing, pxelinux
> requests a succession of non-existant files (mac addresses) from the
> tftp server, after requesting the first one, the machine simply hangs
> there as if waiting for something.
>
> This is working on other machines (same config) and on Virtual Machines
> without problems.
>
> Is there a quick fix for this?

The only "quick fix" I can imagine is to look for a firmware (BIOS)
upgrade. If this happens to be a *card* (not on the motherboard), then
I would really appreciate if I could get this card as a specimen.

-hpa