Mailing List Archive

feature request
I don't know if this is the place to make this suggestion, but:

The way pxelinux works, when a box comes up, it gets its dhcp address,
then downloads the kernel and initrd. Then the network card is
initialized again by its module. This causes a problem because the link
goes down when the NIC is initialized by the module. It takes about 30
seconds or so for our switches to negotiate a new connection and that is
not ample enough time for the dhcp client to start rolling (this is the
dhcp client used during a install). My question is would it be possible
to make it an option of the syslinux.cfg file to pause after loading a
module? Or is my best bet to roll my own initrd and force a sleep?

James