Mailing List Archive

New parameters for libsrs2
I have forwarded this entire mail to libsrs2@rt.anarres.org so it is now
in the bug queue. I expect to have these imlpemented after this weekend.

Note to implementors: I expect to put the code for handling of all of
these options into the library, that way the MTA unconditionally calls
(e.g.) srs_reverse, and the SRS library performs reversal only if
configured to do so. This reduces the patch workload for MTA maintainers.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
Robust SPF with MTA support http://www.libspf2.org/
Re: New parameters for libsrs2 [ In reply to ]
Le vendredi 2 Juillet 2004 13:08, Shevek a écrit :

> I have forwarded this entire mail to libsrs2@rt.anarres.org so it is now
> in the bug queue. I expect to have these imlpemented after this weekend.
>
> Note to implementors: I expect to put the code for handling of all of
> these options into the library, that way the MTA unconditionally calls
> (e.g.) srs_reverse, and the SRS library performs reversal only if
> configured to do so. This reduces the patch workload for MTA maintainers.

That's good news :-)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E

Article premier:
Tous les êtres humains naissent libres et égaux en dignité et en droits.
Ils sont doués de raison et de conscience et doivent agir les uns envers
les autres dans un esprit de fraternité.
-- Déclaration Universelle des Droits de l'Homme
Re: New parameters for libsrs2 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Michel Bouissou wrote:

> Le vendredi 2 Juillet 2004 13:08, Shevek a écrit :
> >
> > I have forwarded this entire mail to libsrs2@rt.anarres.org so it is now
> > in the bug queue. I expect to have these imlpemented after this weekend.
> >
> > Note to implementors: I expect to put the code for handling of all of
> > these options into the library, that way the MTA unconditionally calls
> > (e.g.) srs_reverse, and the SRS library performs reversal only if
> > configured to do so. This reduces the patch workload for MTA maintainers.
>
> That's good news :-)

1.0.16 has been released with this feature. The API documentation has been
updated. 1.0.16 also contains FreeBSD fixes.

The never-rewrite whitelist will be included in 1.0.17.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
Robust Sender Policy Framework (SPF) http://www.libspf2.org/
Re: New parameters for libsrs2 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 07:00:53PM +0100, Shevek wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Michel Bouissou wrote:
> > Le vendredi 2 Juillet 2004 13:08, Shevek a écrit :
> > > I have forwarded this entire mail to libsrs2@rt.anarres.org so it is now
> > > in the bug queue. I expect to have these imlpemented after this weekend.
> > >
> > > Note to implementors: I expect to put the code for handling of all of
> > > these options into the library, that way the MTA unconditionally calls
> > > (e.g.) srs_reverse, and the SRS library performs reversal only if
> > > configured to do so. This reduces the patch workload for MTA maintainers.
> >
> > That's good news :-)
>
> 1.0.16 has been released with this feature. The API documentation has been
> updated. 1.0.16 also contains FreeBSD fixes.
>
> The never-rewrite whitelist will be included in 1.0.17.

It never ends :)

If it's not a new sendmail, it's a new libsrs2 :))

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.
Re: New parameters for libsrs2 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Koen Martens wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 07:00:53PM +0100, Shevek wrote:

> > > That's good news :-)
> >
> > 1.0.16 has been released with this feature. The API documentation has been
> > updated. 1.0.16 also contains FreeBSD fixes.
> >
> > The never-rewrite whitelist will be included in 1.0.17.
>
> It never ends :)
>
> If it's not a new sendmail, it's a new libsrs2 :))

This should impact only distributors. Which reminds me that I must really
notify them. :-) Patches against the previous version of libsrs2 will be
unchanged unless they want to take advantage of the new features. I also
haven't put up guidelines for MTA patchers using these new features yet,
so it might be better to hold off.

Feel free to open a ticket :-)

S.