Mailing List Archive

unSigned Envelope Sender
Readers might be interested to know about my current ad-hoc bounce
verification scheme. I send email with an envelope from address which is
almost completely unadvertised (a property it shares with SES addresses).
My sieve filter considers a bounce to be spam if its To: header is not my
envelope from address.

This works very well in practice, which is encouraging for proper SES.
Perhaps surprisingly, viruses haven't found their way past this defence
yet. Of course stupid AV autoresponders remain a problem, but a big
collection of heuristic patterns deals with them.

--
Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at> http://dotat.at/