Mailing List Archive

ANNOUNCE: Mail::SRS v0.27
This release should be on CPAN any second now.

It addresses the following requests:

* reverse() will now die() if it can't reverse an address.
* A Unix domain socket daemon has been provided for exim.
* A trivial client program is provided to talk to the daemon.
* The daemon may be the only thing that needs to know the SRS secret in a
daemonised integration.
* More and more and more and more and more documentation.

The following issues are outstanding.

* Allow the daemon to use TCP/IP sockets for sendmail.
* Write an exim ruleset to talk to the daemon (contributors?).

I would greatly appreciate test results and spec requests for this daemon
code. Do people want the srsc client updated (NOTE: the srsc client is not
the same thing as the srs client) to give a commandline interface to the
daemon without publishing the secret to all users?

The daemon interface is minimal. (See --help.) This was to save effort and
get a relatively stable version out of the door. The integrators are
expected to tell me what interface they want to this system, and I will
provide it.

I am aware that some people have sent me suggestions for both
documentation and code to which I have not yet responded. If you are on
this list, please don't worry. Some of the mails are very long and all of
them require my full attention. I will get there.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg. http://www.gothnicity.org/

-------
Re: ANNOUNCE: Mail::SRS v0.27 [ In reply to ]