Mailing List Archive

Please Move SRS Discussion To SRS-Discuss; Linux Journal diagram
Hey everyone, please move SRS discussion to srs-discuss-B7dvP5mc3PhiK979QBapAg@public.gmane.org,
I apologize for not setting up a separate list soone.r

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 02:21:28AM -0800, Greg Connor wrote:

| Excuse me if this has already been asked, but what is the effect of
| SRS-encoding a sender address that is already in SRS format? If you send
| everything out with SRS-tags, are you risking them being irretrievably
| mangled if some recepient actually uses SRS for forwarding? How many times
| can SRS iterate in serial before the original is unrecoverable, or some
| other limit is hit?

I produced this diagram for the Linux Journal article on SPF/SRS.

http://dumbo.pobox.com/~mengwong/tmp/srsdetail.png

It may help explain the multiple-forwarder scenario.
Re: Please Move SRS Discussion To SRS-Discuss; Linux Journal diagram [ In reply to ]
Meng Weng Wong <mengwong@dumbo.pobox.com> [2004-02-22/16:35]:
> I produced this diagram for the Linux Journal article on SPF/SRS.
> http://dumbo.pobox.com/~mengwong/tmp/srsdetail.png
> It may help explain the multiple-forwarder scenario.

I suggest you update the content on http://spf.pobox.com/srs.html with
something along the lines of srsdetail.png -- as it is now, people look
at the naïve example there, conclude SRS is a bad idea, and don't even
bother looking more closely at Shevek's docs which explain current SRS
in more detail...

Cheers,
Dan

--