Mailing List Archive

[srs-discuss] Fwd: [Fwd: SRS problem]
A guy using libsrs_alt with Exim has found this problem:

>It looks to me as if Yahoo are sending out stuff (junk probably!) using
>the legitimate (if discouraged) quoted-string local-part format and SRS
>is rewriting this into something which is then illegal (I'm a little
>rusty on the finer points of RFC-2821).

Has this ever been discussed within the SRS framework? Emails that are SRS forwarded like this

Email from: "SOMECODEDSTRING"@yahoo.com
SRS return address: SRS0=XXX=XX=yahoo.com="SOMECODEDSTRING"@forward.com

Give an invalid return address. The obvious solution would be to escape the quotes...

Miles.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] Fwd: [Fwd: SRS problem] [ In reply to ]

That's what my version at http://www.infradead.org/rpr.html does.

--
dwmw2

-------
Re: [srs-discuss] Fwd: [Fwd: SRS problem] [ In reply to ]
I was after whether SRS specified a way to handle this...