How can I make my whitelist work? The From: header is not checked with SPF, so that's worthless. Since the message was SRS-forwarded, I can't reliably tell who the original sender is. At least, I don't think so. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] Problems effectively using SPF with SRS [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:41:55PM +0000, Steve Meyers wrote:

| How can I make my whitelist work? The From: header is not checked with SPF, so that's worthless. Since the message was SRS-forwarded, I can't reliably tell who the original sender is. At least, I don't think so. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

you can pick apart the SRS encoded return path to tell who
the original return path was...

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] Problems effectively using SPF with SRS [ In reply to ]
Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> you can pick apart the SRS encoded return path to tell who
> the original return path was...

Doesn't that depend on the SRS implementation though? I was under the
impression that there was no standard for the encoding. In fact, don't
some implementations use a database to store the info?

Steve

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] Problems effectively using SPF with SRS [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:59:30PM -0600, Steve Meyers wrote:
| Meng Weng Wong wrote:
| >you can pick apart the SRS encoded return path to tell who
| >the original return path was...
|
| Doesn't that depend on the SRS implementation though? I was under the
| impression that there was no standard for the encoding. In fact, don't
| some implementations use a database to store the info?

well, there's the conventional SRS encoding, and there's the
stuff that other people are welcome to come up with.

The conventional encoding preserves the original address.

I should note that using SUBMITTER, which allows you to
preserve MAIL FROM, would get around this problem entirely,
but SUBMITTER is not widely deployed at all.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com