Mailing List Archive

[srs-discuss] Re: SRS on Exim: alias not set properly?
Hi Miles,

Thanks for your response!

The deliver_domain is indeed local when dealing with forwards.
However, there are other cases when email is sent through a server that
needs to be SRS'd; such as when a customer uses a "From" address that
isn't hosted locally.

For example, Comcast blocks outgoing port 25. A Comcast customer has
an address hosted by another ISP. Since they cannot connect to that
ISP, they must use the Comcast server. Comcast is required to SRS that
address, because it isn't hosted locally.

Rich Sandberg
richs@whidbey.net
WhidbeyNET Network Operations

-------