(problems with pathing/compiling was overcome).

Can somebody send me example postfix main.cf because I do not know how to
use SRS......

Best Regards

--
Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski, Administrator WSISiZ
e-mail: Bartlomiej.Solarz-Niesluchowski@wsisiz.edu.pl

-------
Re: [srs-discuss] SRS and postfix MTA [ In reply to ]
solarz@wsisiz.edu.pl a écrit :

> Second I have problems with configuring of the POSTFIX (2.1.4) with SRS
> (problems with pathing/compiling was overcome).
>
> Can somebody send me example postfix main.cf because I do not know how to
> use SRS......

As far as I know, unfortunately, the Postfix SRS patch for use with
libsrs2 is severely broken, which means : don't use it.

I don't know of any working Postfix SRS solution for now (and I would love
one).

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E

J'utilise Netscape Mail pour récupérer mes mails, sur une config PC.
Ma question est la suivante : est-ce normal qu'il mette 3 secondes pour
ne rien trouver
-+- JN in NPC : et un, et deux, et trois... ZERO -+-

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] SRS and postfix MTA [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Michel Bouissou wrote:

> solarz@wsisiz.edu.pl a écrit :
> >
> > Second I have problems with configuring of the POSTFIX (2.1.4) with SRS
> > (problems with pathing/compiling was overcome).
> >
> > Can somebody send me example postfix main.cf because I do not know how to
> > use SRS......
>
> As far as I know, unfortunately, the Postfix SRS patch for use with
> libsrs2 is severely broken, which means : don't use it.
>
> I don't know of any working Postfix SRS solution for now (and I would love
> one).

I'd love someone to write one. MTAs are odd: Everyone loves postfix, but
hardly anyone seems to code it (something to do with religious issues and
Wietse?). Yet while people can live with DJB's religious issues, people
seem quite justified in refusing to touch the source base.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
Robust Sender Policy Framework (SPF) http://www.libspf2.org/

-------
Re: [srs-discuss] SRS and postfix MTA [ In reply to ]
Shevek a écrit :

> I'd love someone to write one. MTAs are odd: Everyone loves postfix, but
> hardly anyone seems to code it (something to do with religious issues and
> Wietse?). Yet while people can live with DJB's religious issues, people
> seem quite justified in refusing to touch the source base.

Yes. Unfortunately I'm no C developper myself, otherwise I would have
tried to fix the plugin, but I'm simply not competent, especially for
playing with source code of a secure mail server which one incompetent guy
like me wouldn't want to make "much less secure" ;-)

I believe that, given the current state of the Postfix SRS plugin, a
competent C programmer should be able to get it to work properly in a
couple of hours. It's a pity that no competent Postfix programmer
currently can give a couple of hours for fixing this.
I've taken a look at the source code, and it doesn't look that complex,
but even though I can understand what should be done on the principle, I'm
just not competent for doing it properly myself, and fix the memory
allocation crash for example.

The Postfix plugin apparently just needs the "reverse" routine to be fixed
with regard to the memory allocation/freeing problem, and a supplementary
check to be added in the SMTPD recipient checks (for SRS destination
address), that doesn't look that complex either, given the code.

Have you tried to bring Wietse's attention on the matter, or usual Postfix
extensions developpers ?

Cheers.

Re: [srs-discuss] SRS and postfix MTA [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:51:29AM +0200, Michel Bouissou wrote:
> I believe that, given the current state of the Postfix SRS plugin, a
> competent C programmer should be able to get it to work properly in a
> couple of hours. It's a pity that no competent Postfix programmer
> currently can give a couple of hours for fixing this.
> I've taken a look at the source code, and it doesn't look that complex,
> but even though I can understand what should be done on the principle, I'm
> just not competent for doing it properly myself, and fix the memory
> allocation crash for example.
>
> The Postfix plugin apparently just needs the "reverse" routine to be fixed
> with regard to the memory allocation/freeing problem, and a supplementary
> check to be added in the SMTPD recipient checks (for SRS destination
> address), that doesn't look that complex either, given the code.

I could give it a go, if someone would be kind enough to put a source
tarball in my mailbox, together with the srs patch mentioned here. I'm a
bit on the busy side atm, that's why.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------