Mailing List Archive

Help Wanted in Adding SPF records - Urgent
HI All,

I am running BIND on an Ensim Box and need to add SPF records to my domains hosted there.

As a test I made a SPF record using the wizard for a domain (name changed to xxx1.com) and put it in the db.xxx1.com zone file for the domain.

My entries are now:

xxx1.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx a:xxx2.com a:xxx3.com a:xxx4.com a:xxx5.com a:xxx6.com a:xxx7.com -all"
mail.isorotator.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 3600 ; 1 hour
xxx1.com IN SOA srv01.xxx1.com. root.srv01.xxx1.com. (
2004081206 ; serial
3600 ; refresh (1 hour)
600 ; retry (10 minutes)
86400 ; expire (1 day)
3600 ; minimum (1 hour)
)
NS srv01.xxx1.com.

$TTL 86400 ; 1 day
A yy.yy.yy.yy
MX 10 mail.xxx1.com.
$ORIGIN xxx1.com.
ftp A yy.yy.yy.yy
mail A yy.yy.yy.yy
www A yy.yy.yy.yy

The problem is that the SPF record is not being recognized by www.dnsreport.com.

Where am I going wrong. As per the wizard, I have made sure that the TXT records are not on the first line.

Any IDEA please. URGENT HELP is highly appreciated as I need to do this for over 100 domains.

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards
Kunal Bedi

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Help Wanted in Adding SPF records - Urgent [ In reply to ]
Kunal Bedi wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I am running BIND on an Ensim Box and need to add SPF records to my domains hosted there.
>
> As a test I made a SPF record using the wizard for a domain (name changed to xxx1.com) and put it in the db.xxx1.com zone file for the domain.
>
> My entries are now:
>

> xxx1.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx a:xxx2.com a:xxx3.com a:xxx4.com a:xxx5.com a:xxx6.com a:xxx7.com -all"
> mail.isorotator.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

I have my SPF records listed in the SOA section of the zone file :

> $ORIGIN .
> $TTL 3600 ; 1 hour
> xxx1.com IN SOA srv01.xxx1.com. root.srv01.xxx1.com. (
> 2004081206 ; serial
> 3600 ; refresh (1 hour)
> 600 ; retry (10 minutes)
> 86400 ; expire (1 day)
> 3600 ; minimum (1 hour)
> )
> NS srv01.xxx1.com.

TXT "v=spf1 blah blah blah"

-------
Re: Help Wanted in Adding SPF records - Urgent [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Check a dns lookup directly (using dig, nslookup, host, ....) for the
txt records. I suspect you have a dns problem. Read your bind manual!

Koen

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:50:31AM +0530, Kunal Bedi wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I am running BIND on an Ensim Box and need to add SPF records to my domains hosted there.
>
> As a test I made a SPF record using the wizard for a domain (name changed to xxx1.com) and put it in the db.xxx1.com zone file for the domain.
>
> My entries are now:
>

> xxx1.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx a:xxx2.com a:xxx3.com a:xxx4.com a:xxx5.com a:xxx6.com a:xxx7.com -all"
> mail.isorotator.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a -all"
>
> $ORIGIN .
> $TTL 3600 ; 1 hour
> xxx1.com IN SOA srv01.xxx1.com. root.srv01.xxx1.com. (
> 2004081206 ; serial
> 3600 ; refresh (1 hour)
> 600 ; retry (10 minutes)
> 86400 ; expire (1 day)
> 3600 ; minimum (1 hour)
> )
> NS srv01.xxx1.com.
>

> $TTL 86400 ; 1 day
> A yy.yy.yy.yy
> MX 10 mail.xxx1.com.
> $ORIGIN xxx1.com.
> ftp A yy.yy.yy.yy
> mail A yy.yy.yy.yy
> www A yy.yy.yy.yy
>
> The problem is that the SPF record is not being recognized by www.dnsreport.com.
>
> Where am I going wrong. As per the wizard, I have made sure that the TXT records are not on the first line.
>
> Any IDEA please. URGENT HELP is highly appreciated as I need to do this for over 100 domains.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> With Best Regards
> Kunal Bedi
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------