that have aliases (ie. xzy.com with alias mail.xzy.com). Is there
anything specific that has to be done in SPF for this?

--
A. Clausen
techlists@alberni.net

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
Re: SPF and Domain Aliases [ In reply to ]
What do you mean with an 'alias'. Are these CNAME records? If so, the
spf record of the domain the CNAME points to is used.

If these are A records, you'll have to publish spf for these domains
too.

Koen

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:11:01AM -0700, A. Clausen wrote:
> We have a number of domains that we host and provide email services for
> that have aliases (ie. xzy.com with alias mail.xzy.com). Is there
> anything specific that has to be done in SPF for this?
>
> --
> A. Clausen
> techlists@alberni.net
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPF and Domain Aliases [ In reply to ]
Speaking of separate A records, how does one enter a TXT
record for a sub-domain? The sub-domain is defined in the
same zone file as the top level domain.

Do you add the sub-domain to the existing TXT record, like
with an a:sub.domain.com ?

--
Steve

Re: SPF and Domain Aliases [ In reply to ]
Try to imagine how the spf process works:

you send mail with a mail from: someone@sub.domain.com. Spf checks will
look up the txt record for sub.domain.com, and then check that against
the clients ip.

So, you should publish appropriate spf records for sub.domain.com..

Koen