Mailing List Archive

Emailing via my mobile phone.
Hi,

I can email using my phone or my Psion via my phone using GPRS. Orange do
not support SPF so I guess an "include" for Orange is not much use.

Below I have included the headers of a message sent via my phone, using
smtp.orange.net as the outgoing server. I seem to have received it,
though, from sprite.orange.co.uk. I don't suppose I can use my own
mailserver as it would object to relaying from what it would think as
being random sources.

I think I need to set up to allow email from @clifford.ac if it is sent
from anything.orange.co.uk, using the macro facility but I am finding it a
bit incomprehensible at the moment. Am I thinking along the right lines?

My current spf is:

clifford.ac. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:217.169.19.0/29
?exists:spfmonitor.clifford.ac ~all"

(the spfmonitor is to give me an entry in my log file)

<----------- test email via mobile 'phone ----------------->