Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Getting spf into our records. [ In reply to ]
Robin Lynn Frank said:

> Here is the problem. We host our domains with GodDaddy and run our mail
> servers locally with the DNS pointed here by dyndns.org. GoDaddy allows
> us
> to modify some of our DNS, but does not allow the addition of TXT records.
>
> Dyndns.org's custom DNS does allow this, but I am trying to avoid
> splitting up
> our hosting and DNS even more.
>
> Anyone have a better idea?
> - --

Do your own dns?

-------
Re: Re: Getting spf into our records. [ In reply to ]
Robin Lynn Frank said:

> Here is the problem. We host our domains with GodDaddy and run our mail
> servers locally with the DNS pointed here by dyndns.org. GoDaddy allows us
> to modify some of our DNS, but does not allow the addition of TXT records.
>
> Dyndns.org's custom DNS does allow this, but I am trying to avoid
> splitting up
> our hosting and DNS even more.
>
> Anyone have a better idea?
> - --

Sorry, but you have no choice but to leave GoDaddy at this time. You could send an email to customer support requesting they change their DNS, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

Regards,
Marc Alaia

-------
Re: Getting spf into our records. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

You say dyndns.org point your mail servers to your local mx'es? I fail
to see a problem, or are the mailserver's domains distinct from the
domains hosted at goddaddy?

You could kindly request goddaddy to make TXT records available,
mentioning that you will consider switching hosting provided if they
don't. If they refuse, I suggest you either move dns management to
another dns hoster (dyndns) or indeed move your hosting & dns to another
company.

If you can't publish TXT for your dns, you just can't publish SPF for
those domains.

Koen

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 05:42:50PM -0700, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: Getting spf into our records. [ In reply to ]

-------
RE: Getting spf into our records. [ In reply to ]
You can try to switch to DTDNS (Justin Scott [admin@dtdns.com]): they
offer good service, and here is what I received to day in my mail box:

3. I just want to let everyone know that our system does fully support
the use of SPF records on full domain names. If you don't know what an
SPF record is or would like to create one for your domain, information
is available at http://spf.pobox.com/. We may add a section to the
Domain Manager specifically for SPF if there is enough interest.

Jean-Michel Lacroix