Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Question.... [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It pretty much depends on your actual setup. I see you have one MX
record for ltcconnection.com, is it correct that you send mail only from
that server (which is the same as ltcconnection.com and
www.ltcconnection.com btw)??

If so, all you need is "v=spf1 a -all" (or "v=spf a ?all" for testing
purposes).

Are you the only one sending mail from that domain? If not,
does everyone use ltcconnection.com for outgoing smtp??

I think you might want to study http://spf.pobox.com/mechanisms.html a
bit, so you know what you're actually publishing.

Koen

Ps: you also might want to put an spf record on any explicit subdomain
you have defined, for example I see there's a subdomain
mail.ltcconnection.com. You probably want to publish some spf record on
that domain too, or else spammers coudl still use
bla@mail.ltcconection.com for forging. www.ltcconection.com appears to
be a cname though, which means it will be protected with the spf record
published on ltcconnection.com.

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 02:13:18PM -0700, Kathy Lees wrote:
> I know nothing about the spf feature and would like to test it on one of our
> domains. I am using the wizard to set it up. These may be dumb questions,
> but I am not sure what to put and want to do it right.
>
> Do any other servers send mail from ltcconnection.com? Are these entries
> right?
>
> I put www.ltcconnection.com in the a: field
> I don't have anything in the mx: field
> I don't have anything in the ip4: field
> I have the include field blank
>
> That leaves this "v=spf1 a mx a:www.ltcconnection.com" for the txt field.
>

> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: Question.... [ In reply to ]
Ok, preventing spammers from abusing your domain is the core of the
whole spf operation imo. If there's anything else unclear after you've
done the background reading, feel free to ask!

Koen

RE: Question.... [ In reply to ]