Mailing List Archive

Starting point
Hi everyone!

I have just joined this group and I would like to know from where to start. My enviroment is based on Win2000 Servers with DNS and I have a Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition. Also I use a Norton SMTP Gateway. Is it possible to configure the SPF record with a system like this?
I'm sorry for the ignorance, but I can't help with these spammers anymore.

Thank's for your attention,

Marcelo Amaral.

------------------------------------
FSB Comunicações
Marcelo Amaral
Support Analyst
marcelo.amaral@fsb.com.br
Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 547 / 312
Ipanema - Rio Janeiro - Brazil
Zip: 22415-900
tel: +55 21 2512-9920
fax: +55 21 2512-8684
mobile: +55 21 8756-7771
Msn: adtma@hotmail.com
Re: Starting point [ In reply to ]
Marcelo,

1) Check the SPF web site for some information: http://spf.pobox.com/whatdoes.html

2) To 'publish' SPF record(s), just create a TXT record in the MS DNS server for each domain.

3) To check inbound email for SPF, you have a few options
- a) set up a linux box running sendmail and and SPF filter
- b) I have seen reference to a SPF checker for Exchange

Good luck,
Marc