any bounced back). Did hotmail and msn used spf now?

Best Regards,
Alex Eow
admin@wealthdi.com

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPF Not Working for hotmail and msn [ In reply to ]
Hi,

They don't. Have you checked if your ip is on one of the blacklists?
Have you contacted hotmail and/or msn, asked them why your mail is not
getting through?

Note that no-one in his right mind will reject mail from domains that
don't publish spf at the moment, there aren't enough domains with spf to
do this without rejecting 99% of all incoming mail.

Also note that publishing spf only narrows the rate of acceptance of
your mail, it will not all of a sudden make hotmail accept your mail if
it didn't before. Your problem is not spf related. Go ask microsoft
what their reason is for blocking your mail.

Koen

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 02:39:56PM +0800, WDI Admin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I published SPF with my other domain name myfamilyfirst.biz
> for test drive. But it seems like no effect on mail delivery to
> hotmail and msn. They still filter our mail without notice (without
> any bounced back). Did hotmail and msn used spf now?
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex Eow
> admin@wealthdi.com
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: SPF Not Working for hotmail and msn [ In reply to ]
> I published SPF with my other domain name myfamilyfirst.biz
> for test drive. But it seems like no effect on mail delivery to
> hotmail and msn. They still filter our mail without notice (without
> any bounced back). Did hotmail and msn used spf now?

Not yet, they've recently announced their plan to do so ASAP. They may be
waiting on the MARID proposals to be finalized, in case any changes are made
in the specificatons.

Also, remember that CallerID is Microsoft's idea. They'll probably encourage
you to spend money to buy a CallerID for your site in order to assure its
passage through their filters.

-------