sendmail compiled with libspf so it will reject based on spf.

Im feeling sure but it's always good to double check.

thanks

BB

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: single mail rely => srs + spf [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:55:24PM +1000, Broun, Bevan wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We have all our internet bound mail (by multiple MTAs) relyed to our DMZ mail machine
> (sendmail). Am I correct in thinking that I want :
>
> sendmail to use SRS to rewrite all envelope addresses.

It depends. If your outbound sendmail is doing masquerading on the envelope from, it
is not neccesary. I have a similar setup, where all my outbound mail masqueraded to
originate from @sonologic.nl, with the exception of @metro.cx from addresses.

In sendmail this can be done by something like this in your sendmail.mc:

FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
MASQUERADE_AS(sonologic.nl)
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(some.local.domain)
MASQUERADE_EXCEPTION(metro.cx)

Of course, if you do any alias/.forward/virtuser based forwarding to hosts which
don't whitelist your smtp server, you'll need srs anyway. Again, you have several
options here. There is a solution which uses program maps to call a perl program
for every srs rewrite, you can also link libsrs/libsrs2 with sendmail using the
patch.

> sendmail compiled with libspf so it will reject based on spf.

You can alternatively use a sendmail spf milter or libspf2, although libspf will
work fine.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------