Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPF script not working [ In reply to ]
Olaf wrote:
> Hi all,
> [...]

BTW, when I got this email back from portent.listbox.com, the script worked.

Olaf

-------
Re: SPF script not working [ In reply to ]
Hi Olaf,

gmx.de. 5M IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:213.165.64.0/23 ?all"

As you can see, there's a ?all and not a -all at the end. This means the
result is 'neutral', and mail is not rejected on the basis of your spf
check.

Kind regards,

Koen Martens

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:18:07PM +0200, Olaf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Meng Wong's postfix-policyd works great on my server, except when somebody
> (a spammer, me...) sends a mail from:<foo.bar@gmx.de>
>
> But gmx.de has SPF records in DNS. So why does the script not fire up and
> tell the sender that he is not allowed to send?
>
> Olaf
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your
> subscription, please go to
> http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: SPF script not working [ In reply to ]
Koen Martens wrote:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> gmx.de. 5M IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:213.165.64.0/23 ?all"
>
> As you can see, there's a ?all and not a -all at the end. This means the
> result is 'neutral', and mail is not rejected on the basis of your spf
> check.

This is not the answer to my question. For gmx.de, I should find this in my
logs when spam arrives:

Jul 13 09:12:38 mail postfix/policy-spf[5142]: : SPF neutral:
smtp_comment=Please see
http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=keili_a%40gmx.de&ip=217.244.235.174&receiver=mail.bmcag.de,
header_comment=mail.bmcag.de: 217.244.235.174 is neither permitted nor
denied by domain of keili_a@gmx.de

This is from another Postfix/postfix-policyd server where everything works fine.

In the logs of *my* server, I cannot see any SPF comments when gmx.de emails
arrives, just the usual smtpd/cleanup/qmgr stuff.

Olaf

-------
Re: SPF script not working [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:39:39AM +0200, Olaf Zaplinski wrote:
> Koen Martens wrote:
> >Hi Olaf,
> >
> >gmx.de. 5M IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:213.165.64.0/23 ?all"
> >
> >As you can see, there's a ?all and not a -all at the end. This means the
> >result is 'neutral', and mail is not rejected on the basis of your spf
> >check.
>
> This is not the answer to my question. For gmx.de, I should find this in my
> logs when spam arrives:
>
> Jul 13 09:12:38 mail postfix/policy-spf[5142]: : SPF neutral:
> smtp_comment=Please see
> http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=keili_a%40gmx.de&ip=217.244.235.174&receiver=mail.bmcag.de,
> header_comment=mail.bmcag.de: 217.244.235.174 is neither permitted nor
> denied by domain of keili_a@gmx.de
>
> This is from another Postfix/postfix-policyd server where everything works
> fine.
>
> In the logs of *my* server, I cannot see any SPF comments when gmx.de
> emails arrives, just the usual smtpd/cleanup/qmgr stuff.

Ah, if you'd have said that in the first place, I wouldn't have bothered answering. I know
*nothing* about postfix.

Hopefully, someone else on the list is able to help you, now that we have this
additional information. Sorry for wasting your time.

Kind regards,

Koen Martens