Mailing List Archive

My Problem, too: SPF Is Blocking Mail from Me to Me, but I've Never Heard of SPF
I had never heard of SPF until till it stopped me from receiving copies of
important email. The bounced messages said to contact my ISP ... but
EarthLink sent me in the right direction.

NameZero seems to have implemented SPF,
and their FAQ tell how to turn it OFF!

Here's a part of their FAQ:

QUESTION: I cannot send email through my ISP using your Mailix service. I am
getting a SPF error.

ANSWER: Due to NameZero's new SPF Feature, our mail system may not be
allowing you to send out emails using your domain name through your ISP. A
new feature called SPF (Sender Permitted From),
http://spf.pobox.com/intro.html, has recently been added to our email
service which prevents spammers from spoofing our customers email addresses
to send out spam messages. To stop this from happening we suggest you use
your Mailix mailbox to send out emails rather than your ISP. When using
Outlook Express or any other email client, you can change the reply to
address to your preferred email address.

If this is not a good option then we suggest you turn off the SPF (Sender
Permitted From) feature in your account by following these steps:

1. Login to your Domain Account.
2. Click on your Domain Name.
3. Click on "Configuration" link located under "Email Accounts".
4. Click on "Mailboxes/Aliases".
On the next page you should see this feature:
Enable Sender Permitted From (SPF) record for this domain, SPF Record:
'v=spf1 a:smtp.mailix.net' More Info

Uncheck the box next to "Enable" and click on "Update".

Hope this helps other with this (at least for me) time wasting issue.

Bob in Portland, Oregon

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html