Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
multiple mx [ In reply to ]
Hi,

There are several examples in the faq at http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html but there is one major ommision. I need to list 2 mx records (I think) but I don't know whether these need to be in a spase seperated list or in a comma seperated list, or maybe even something else. The wizzard at http://spf.pobox.com/wizard.html accepts both (or maybe anything) in the MX box and just displays it in the verify screen.

So would I use: "v=spf1 mx:mail.tio.nl mx:mailie.tio.nl ~all"
or "v=spf1 mx:mail.tio.nl, mx:mailie.tio.nl ~all"

The same could be asked for the ip4 entries I would exprect. Maybe someone can reconfigure the wizzard at that site or maybe the FAQ should be updated to include at least one example with multiple mx, ip4 or a entries.

Groetjes,

Bonno Bloksma
.... Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?

-------
RE: multiple mx [ In reply to ]
If you want to include the all mx records for the domain the just leave
out the :bla.bla part.

Example...
IN TXT "v=spf1 mx ?all"

I believe the proper syntax, if you do not want to include all MX
records for the domain, is spaced...
v=spf1 mx:mail.tio.nl mx:mailie.tio.nl ~all

Sam

but IMHO there is one major ommision. I need to list 2 mx records (I
think) but I don't know whether these need to be in a spase seperated
list or in a comma seperated list, or maybe even something else. The
wizzard at http://spf.pobox.com/wizard.html accepts both (or maybe
anything) in the MX box and just displays it in the verify screen.

So would I use: "v=spf1 mx:mail.tio.nl mx:mailie.tio.nl ~all" or "v=spf1
mx:mail.tio.nl, mx:mailie.tio.nl ~all"

Probably the first as all other entries are space separated, but.....
you never know. The same could be asked for the ip4 entries I would
expect. Maybe someone can reconfigure the wizzard at that site or maybe
the FAQ should be updated to include at least one example with multiple
mx, ip4 or a entries.

Groetjes,

Bonno Bloksma
.... Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
subscription,