Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Checking configuration after changing IP address of smtp server [ In reply to ]
I am in process of changing email accounts, thomas@astgc.com and
thomas@astnetworks.ca will be closed July 1st, 2010. I will continue to
receive emails sent to thomas@aststone.ca. Please update my contact info.

Thank You,

Thomas Rudnicki
thomas@aststone.ca

Re: Checking configuration after changing IP address of smtp server [ In reply to ]
> It's broken. There is a postfix server there (apparently), but it is
> *very* slow to respond initially, and claims my address has a
> "Bad address syntax".

Oh, I see what you mean, here's what you left in my log files:

Jun 3 17:40:38 vps728 postfix/smtpd[30158]: warning: Illegal address
syntax from unknown[91.84.48.107] in MAIL command: spf1@beer.org.uk
Jun 3 17:40:55 vps728 postfix/smtpd[30158]: warning: Illegal address
syntax from unknown[91.84.48.107] in MAIL command: spf1@beer.org.uk

but the question is: can this be explained only with wrong nameserver
values in /etc/resolv.conf (a problem I already know and am working to
fix) or am I missing something else? Because I _had_ told postfix to
be very strict and not accept messages from irregularly formatted
addresses. of course, that was when DNS worked...

Thanks.