Mailing List Archive

Re:
Wade,

This message was sent by blue.olm.net [69.94.102.4]. You'll need to
specify one of more of their servers in your SPF record.

Since they seem to have multiple servers and don't have an SPF record of
their own, you should probably contact them and ask what you should
specify in your record.

As a start, ip4:69.94.102.4 should be included.

Andrew

RE: [ In reply to ]
artistdomain wrote on Mon, Oct 19 2009 at 3:50 pm:

> Sorry, you lost me a little bit. This response is going from my
Outlook Express, not
> Spamarrest this time.
>
> I don't anyone know of anyone besides Spamarrest that has inbound SPF
filtering
> for me to test my record.

See the testers at http://www.openspf.org/Tools .

The only servers/IPs that are listed in your SPF record should
be those delivering outgoing mail. If you do not send mail through
AT&T's mail servers, you should not list them in your SPF record.

-----
SPF FAQ: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ
Common mistakes: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Common_mistakes

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the
self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the
purpose.

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~

Re: [ In reply to ]
At 21:50 19/10/2009 Monday, artistdomain wrote:
>Hi Alan,
>
>Sorry, you lost me a little bit. This response is going from my Outlook Express, not Spamarrest this time.

ok on this mail {cc'd to list for others to see}

it comes from blue.olm.net {your outgoing server i suspect}

by blue.olm.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <wsmith@artistdomain.net>)
id 1MzzBK-0005p0-SF; Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:50:19 -0400

blue.olm.net has no SPF record {idealy it should be "v=spf1 A -all"} but few receivers check this for anything other than treating senders with full spf as trusted for greylisting etc

this says that the envelope sender SPF test passed

so you seem to have your spf setup fine*

*assuming they do not have more ip's you might occasionally use {multihomed systems}

the ATT IPs are and will never be relevant, whatever is generating the fail when you send to yourself it is not correctly setup SPF checker

Re: [ In reply to ]
Alan, not sure I understand. Are you saying that I'm not really failing
expect according to Spamarrest?

Did my mail fail according to your own filtering?

Thanks,

Re: [ In reply to ]
At 22:40 19/10/2009 Monday, artistdomain wrote:
>Alan, not sure I understand. Are you saying that I'm not really failing expect according to Spamarrest?

pretty much
{but i think you are in some way confused as they do not in any way handle the sample of a failed mail you sent}
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:01:42 -0400

by blue.olm.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <wsmith@artistdomain.net>)
id 1MzxUE-0008Ey-OO
for wsmith@artistdomain.net; Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:01:42 -0400