Mailing List Archive

Getting started
I'm entirely new to the idea of SPF but I'm reacting to spammers spoofing our domain name, causing our server to receive thousands of non-delivery messages.
From what I've read, it seems there are two sides to SPF: the sending side, which requires an entry in DNS; and the receiving side, which requires a mail server that supports SPF.
Does that mean that if I'm only concerned about other servers' ability to verify that mail from my domain is really from my domain I just need to add a DNS entry?
Can I avoid doing something to my mail server until they have native support?
I'm on a Windows 2003 network, by the way.

Martin