Mailing List Archive

Setting up spf?
I'm really a newbie when it comes to stuff like this. Any help you could give me in setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dennis

Re: Setting up spf? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 15:58, Dennis Jannone <djannone@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm really a newbie when it comes to stuff like this. Any help you could give me in setting this up would be greatly appreciated.

Have you read the FAQ and looked at the wizard - there should be
enough there to get you started.

What you'll need is a list of all the servers that send mail on behalf
of the domain in question, then you list them in the SPF record
(ideally as IP addresses rather than hostnames). If you don't want to
post domain names and IP addresses/hostnames then you can use the
contact form on the SPF site to request assistance that way.

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

RE: Setting up spf? [ In reply to ]
What email domain do you want to see this up for?

What is the name of your email server?

Tom Reynolds

IT Manager

610.337.3600 x224

Fax: 610.337.2300

tom.reynolds@rtm.com

RealTime Media

Material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
Forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If
you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

Re: Setting up spf? [ In reply to ]
Dennis Jannone wrote:
> I'm really a newbie when it comes to stuff like this. Any help you could give me in setting this up would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Denni
Welcome, I'm sure many of us would be vary happy to help you. Do you
have a specific question for the list? What are you having problems with?

-Matt

http://wiki.mattrude.com