become an standard or not ???

Really thanks

Alejandro

Re: DomainKey and SPF [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 18:46, Alejandro Cabrera Obed
<acabrera@sintys.gov.ar> wrote:

> Do you know something else about domainkey ??? Do you think it will
> become an standard or not ???

Domainkeys is a standard, that's being replaced by DKIM:

http://www.dkim.org/info/dkim-faq.html

They have a mailing list where you can ask DKIM related questions ;)

--
Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: DomainKey and SPF [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:29:52 +0100 "Rob MacGregor"
<rob.macgregor@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 18:46, Alejandro Cabrera Obed
><acabrera@sintys.gov.ar> wrote:
>>
>> Do you know something else about domainkey ??? Do you think it will
>> become an standard or not ???
>
>Domainkeys is a standard, that's being replaced by DKIM:
>
>http://www.dkim.org/info/dkim-faq.html
>
>They have a mailing list where you can ask DKIM related questions ;)

Both DK and DKIM have been standardized by the IETF. The DK RFC is classified as 'Historic',
having been replaced by DKIM. Unfortunately DKIM currently lacks a real policy component.

One can determine if a message was signed or not by a particular domain based on DKIM, but what
that means is not yet standardized and still being developed.

How to integrate SPF and DKIM is an interesting question that I think would
be good for spf-discuss.

Scott K

RE: DomainKey and SPF [ In reply to ]
Scott Kitterman wrote on 7/23/2008 2:44:22 PM:

> How to integrate SPF and DKIM is an interesting question that I think
would
> be good for spf-discuss.

Though I don't monitor that list I'll cc there, and probably
follow ups should go there. Turns out they are basically separate, from
a sending point of view. Frustratingly though, Yahoo! (the founder of
DomainKeys) only supports DomainKeys and not DKIM, and one can't sign a
message with both of those without excluding the other from the
protected headers (otherwise whichever is second "tampers with" the
headers of the outbound message). Anyway this isn't a DK list, but from
an SPF standpoint, SPF is a DNS-only solution, and DomainKeys/DKIM is a
sending-server solution that uses DNS, and they can co-exist just fine.

-----
SPF FAQ: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ
Common mistakes: http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Common_mistakes

- Steve Yates
- ITS, Inc.
- The earth is like a tiny grain of sand, only much heavier.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~