Physical Research Laboratory
(Dept. Of Space, Govt. of India)
Ahmedabad-9.

Re: spf and gmail [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 04:56, Jigar Raval <jigar_prl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have published our spf record. By spf testing tool, it shows working fine. But when i send a mail with my domain which is not generated from autorized server, the gmail accept. By checking full header in gmail, it shows hardfail etc.. So, if gmail has adpoted spf checking and the domain who has published spf why gmail is accepting mail ? What is the reason ?

This was discussed recently on the list, if you search the archives
I'm sure you'll find it. The short answer is, there's nothing to
force recipients to reject email that fails SPF (or accept email that
passes it). These things are a local policy decision - the SPF record
simply provides a suggestion/recommendation as to how the email is
handled (I've seen reports of email rejected when the SPF record was
using ?all).

--
Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche