Mailing List Archive

Re: (unknown)
google_this wrote:

> I'm wondering what will happen to my little vanity email
> domain when my ISP publishes its record.

Depends on your ISP. Compare "my" xyzzy.claranet.de:
<http://vweb.nass.com.au/cgi-bin/dnslookup?data=xyzzy.claranet.de>

It's a wildcard solution, all user.claranet.de have the same
"v=spf1 redirect=claranet.de" sender policy. I can't add
personal stuff to this policy, but it's good enough for the
v=spf1 MAIL FROM test.

BTW, I'm back to zero bounces caused by forgeries, instead
of 1000 per day for 6 months. Maybe "my" spammer retired,
or he didn't like the effect of SPF with my addresses.

If your ISP doesn't add a wildcard nothing happens for you.
If he defines a wildcard for SPF, see above. But if he
defines both SPF _and_ Sender-ID you might be in deep shit.
Ask again if that's the case.

You can test the effect at <http://spf.pobox.com/why.html>,
just try to forge one of my addresses. If you want to see
a PASS use one these IPs (sender policy of claranet.de):

"v=spf1 ip4:212.82.225.0/24 ip4:195.170.96.0/24 -all"

Bye, Frank

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html