Mailing List Archive

Question regarding setting up my SPF
Morning all,

I need some help on setting up my SPF.

I have 5 servers that can send email for my organization.

2 internal Exchange servers, and 3 DMZ based content filtering mail
servers.

only one of the 5 servers is set up as an MX record.

I also have 3 ISP based mail servers that can host mail for me if there
is a problem with my organizations mail servers (they do not send email
for us, just host mail) and these do have MX records.

What would my SPF setup look like ?

I take it using the "v=spf1 mx -all" would not fit the necessary
settings ?

Would it be better to set up using the external IP addresses of each
server ? In this case, what would the string look like if the servers
addresses are for eg - 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.3, 10.1.1.17, 10.1.2.45,
10.1.2.9 (obviously they have Internet based IP addresses so this is
just an example for the setup).

Any assistence would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Glassman

CISSP

Head of System Security

Computer & Information Systems

Israeli Airports Authority

Ben-Gurion Airport

http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il
<http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il/>

Tel : 972-3-9710785

Fax : 972-3-9710939

Email : admin@iaa.gov.il

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com