Mailing List Archive

RE:
Ten spis jest angielski.

¯eby ubyæ proszê trza¶nijcie to ogniwo

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

I wybieraj± pierwsze ogniwo na kartce

Thank god for google's translation links!

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 18:03 +0000, Will Roberts wrote:

> So in my DNS I have added:
> "v=spf1 include:mailstreet2003.net -all"
>
> I don't think this is right, how do I set this up correctly?

Probably
"v=spf1 mx:mailstree2003.net -all"

johannes

-------
Re: [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 06:03:24PM -0000, Will Roberts (not my main account) wrote:
> I use a third party email service from mailstreet.com to send all mail from my domain ............... They tell me that all outgoing mail is from: mailstreet2003.net
>
> So in my DNS I have added:
> "v=spf1 include:mailstreet2003.net -all"
>
> I don't think this is right, how do I set this up correctly?

Indeed, that's not right at all. mailstreet2003.net does not have an spf
record, therefore the include would return an error.

Have you read:

http://spf.pobox.com/mechanisms.html

http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html

http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200406.txt

???

It seems to me that something like "v=spf1 a:mailstreet2003.net -all"
would be ok.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
RE: [ In reply to ]
Look at the wizard on spf.pobox.com and toward the bottom there is
mention of using your isp mail server. If this is the include and that
wont work for you, do a dig DNS lookup on your ISP's mx records and then
I would add those IP's into the ip4 or hostname options.

I use a third party email service from mailstreet.com to send all mail
from my domain ............... They tell me that all outgoing mail is
from: mailstreet2003.net

So in my DNS I have added:
"v=spf1 include:mailstreet2003.net -all"

I don't think this is right, how do I set this up correctly?

Will

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
subscription, please go to
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

This email is intended only for the named recipents. All email is monitored and archived for compliance requirements.
The views or context in this message may not reflect the view or context of the company.