Mailing List Archive

spf2 records (microsoft DNS)
Hi All,

I have just joined this mailing list and this is my first post.

I am using Microsoft DNS server that comes with Windows 2000 Server
(something I have to live with unfortunately!).

I can see no way of creating an SPF2 record within a zone file using
Microsoft DNS and can find no documentation on this anywhere.

Surely it must be possible to create and SPF2 record? Especially since
SPF2 records are required to be compliant with Sender ID which is being
pushed by Microsoft.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: spf2 records (microsoft DNS) [ In reply to ]
Uh ...

New DNS Record.. Other Record, type TXT just like Microsoft has posted
on their SPF site

I have just joined this mailing list and this is my first post.

I am using Microsoft DNS server that comes with Windows 2000 Server
(something I have to live with unfortunately!).

I can see no way of creating an SPF2 record within a zone file using
Microsoft DNS and can find no documentation on this anywhere.

Surely it must be possible to create and SPF2 record? Especially since
SPF2 records are required to be compliant with Sender ID which is being
pushed by Microsoft.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
subscription, please go to
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

This email is intended only for the named recipents. All email is monitored and archived for compliance requirements.
The views or context in this message may not reflect the view or context of the company.
RE: spf2 records (microsoft DNS) [ In reply to ]

I would not recommend creating records for SPF2 at this time. The spec is
still in a great deal of flux. Also, no one is using SPF2 for anything
other the experimentation. If you are interested in trying to prevent
e-mail forgery now, you want SPF (AKA SPF classic).

SPF records are published in your DNS using the TXT record type (this is
also likely to be the way to go initially for SPF2, but the spec is still in
flux...). Start with the wizard at spf.pobox.com to create an SPF record.

I don't know how to put the data into a Win2K DNS server, but the subject
has been dealt with here before. I drag through the archives should be
fruitful.

Come back here with additional questions as you have them.

Scott Kitterman

-------